Our holiday club that we call ‘play scheme’ is for 5 – 11 year olds. It takes place every school holiday from 10 – 4 and led by a fully qualified members of staff.
Days cost £10 but days where trips are planned it can cost a little bit more to cover transport and admission fees.
The play schemes activities consists of days spent at Learning Works doing:
- T-shirt printing, Painting plaster of Paris bugs or zoo animals, glass and fabric painting
- Designing fans, puppets and pencil case and hats, Mosaic art, Hama and mugs door hangers, beaded jewellery.
- Kaleidoscopes, candy cones, sun catchers, scratch art key rings,
- Making cushions, hand and finger puppets, 3D dinosaurs, dream catchers, and baking,
- Nail art, mendhi, hair styling, face painting, DVD days and PARTY.
But most days are spent going out on trips to the:
- Cinema, Bowling, Run Riot, Kool Kids, Play garden, The beach in the old Market square, White post farm, Tywcross zoo
- Parks: Wollaton Park, Ruddington Park, Forest recreational ground, High fields, the windmill, Victoria embankment, Colwick woods
We also cater for longer days, we have wrap around sessions which cost £4, this is from 7.30- 10 and 4-5.45. For the days that are spent at learning works you can order a hot dinner and dessert for £1.50.
On the days where trips are planned please provide a packed lunch, plenty of drinks including water and provide a towel and change clothes on the paddling pool/ play garden days.
The Play scheme is very popular so you must ring up in advance for a brochure of activities and to book your place to avoid disappointment.